Choose your food
So this post is a little different, I emphasize on how important it is to be healthy in ALL areas of life, this is relating to the mental aspect. As I was reading some of my daily Joyce Meyer I was inspired for this post today. Those who have worked with me, or really anyone who has been in contact with me whether friend, family member or acquaintance will tell you I speak about the “right” foods to eat for your body frequently. You have to nourish your body right to get it functioning properly. One of my favorite quotes is, “You wouldn’t put cheap gas in a Ferrari and expect it to run well, think of your body the same way.”
Well what about your brain? Your attitude about life? Being healthy is SO much more than just being fit on the outside and kicking most illness to the curb. Being mentally “fit” is just as important. If you are not happy, then what is the point of working so hard to look good and get a good report from the Doctor about your physical health?
Do you know that what you say about yourself, or what you think has the power to change you? If you say something enough you will believe it, regardless of whether it is true or not. Your words shape your day, your perspective AND your attitude. If you have been down lately try waking up everyday and telling God what you are thankful for. You could also just say on repeat first thing when you get up, “ Today is going to be a good day and nothing can bring me down.” If you suffer with self esteem ladies, say over and over “I am beautiful.” You ARE!! But you need to truly believe it, and lets be honest... most of us don't.
Just like words can shape you they can shape those around us too. You never know what some people are going through , try complimenting someone randomly once in a while. You could seriously change their day, or even their life. It will not only bring them up, but doing things for others also helps you feel better about yourself (it is true I promise! ).
Here is a challenge, try doing these 10 things every day for 2 weeks and see if you do not feel better about yourself!
- Wake up and say, “Today is going to be a good day.”
- Smile at yourself (seriously) when you first look in the mirror.
- Ladies tell yourself you are beautiful (men you can too ;) )
- Tell your parent or spouse you love them EVERYDAY.
- Compliment someone you do not know.
- Make a list of what you are thankful for, and add a few things to it each day and read it before you go to bed.
- Smile at a minimum of 5 strangers a day.
- Compliment yourself in some way each day.
- Compliment someone you already know each day.
- Compliment someone you do not care for. (yep do it).
If you do each of these 10 things daily for 2 weeks, I guarantee you that you will see a new perspective in life! Remember a healthy life is more than just looks!